Friday, July 31, 2009

Rowan has arrived to Kentucky!


Rowan was picked up last week on Saturday. He arrived in Ohio on the 17th but we were on vacation. We made a side trip to Delaware and picked him up.

It has been a while since we have had a puppy and Rowan just seems small, but when he was weighed, the scale read 14.5 pounds.

He is a good puppy. He listens well and now is on a schedule, which means I get to sleep at night (no potty breaks).

We have named him Rowan "Looking for Trouble" Barker. He is very vocal when he wants something. I am hoping he will out grow that part.

We have had him at home now for 6 days and it feels like he has always been here. He reminds me of my first CCI puppy, Vinnie (Irvine) who was a golden and one of those "One-in-Million" dogs.

My biggest challenge will be his training. This puppy is not a "chow hound". I have never had to train a dog that wasn't driven by food. All my previous puppies loved food!

For updated pictures taken by his breeder caretaker, visit her blog at http://cci-shari. blogspot. com .

No comments:

Post a Comment